Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Sleepy Dwarf

So a joke around our house with Hannah is that she calls Jack 'Grumpy' dwarf in the middle of the night which I guess makes me 'sleepy dwarf.' I've been meaning to update my post that said Jack was sleeping through the night. Forget what I said. He basically slept through the night twice and I got WAY over zealous and spoke too soon. Jack most certainly does NOT sleep through the night and we are tired! He is the best boy during the day. Rarely cries, eats well, naps well, is very scheduled etc. He goes down at 8 pm no problems and then 2 am comes (the witching hour). Jack is literally awake every night for two hours. No joke. I'm sure you're reading this thinking you know the answer to the problem, but trust me this is just Jack. We have been working on this for months. Tim and I are so consistent. We keep the lights off, don't pick him up, don't talk, sooth in increasing increments of time, cry it out, give him more food, try a paci, white noise, rub his gums with teething medicine, just give it a week, blah blah blah. Been there, done that. My little man just needs to be awake. Crazy! Especially on days I work, wow so sleepy. Hope Hope Hope that one day he just decides to change. Please lord, let this be soon. It is particularly hard because the kids share a room and until Jack can sleep through the night we can't have him waking Hannah. So Hannah sleeps with me which she thinks is the best thing in the whole world, but I will probably never be able to get her back to her own bed. I swear Hannah is sending him secret messages to keep with the crying so she can sleep with me. She calls it sleepover and sadly I don't even feel lame going to sleep with her at 7:15. I actually look forward to it.

Also, need to update that Jack eats food now and enjoys it. So far he has had squash and carrots. Eats them both up no problems. I actually really dislike pictures of kids eating baby food so I won't be posting one. I will however really try hard to remember to post a picture of Jack sitting. He does this really sweet "ahhhh sound" and I just love him so much. He is also starting to love Bella dog. It's so cute how he puts his hand out to pet her. This past weekend we celebrated Granny's birthday. Hannah made her cake, dressed in pink (Granny's favorite color) and we had a little party. Today was Granny's real birthday and she celebrated by watching the kids while I worked. Hannah was so excited to bring her a balloon and flowers this morning. She picked out a princess balloon and couldn't wait to get there. Happy Birthday Granny! We love you so much and honestly I could not raise my kids without you. Whenever Hannah says "You're the best mommy" I always correct her and say "No, I have the best mommy." It's true Granny, we are all blessed to have you in our lives. You taught me everything I know about being a mommy and I hope Hannah thinks as highly of me someday as I think of you. Thank you for raising me so selflessly and thank you for watching over my little ones two days a week now. You are my hero, always have been and always will be.

We have also been doing lots of Valentine's crafts and each day Hannah and Jack have been waking to find a new Valentine on the door with a reason why they are loved. Mommy could probably do 365 hearts/reasons why, but our door is too small. This post was kind of all over the place, but I haven't updated in awhile so just wanted to get it all out there, or at least as much as I remember.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY GRANNY
 photo DSC04083_zpsa83bf50f.jpg

Loves to play
 photo DSC04109_zps6f93dc56.jpg

My Valentines
 photo DSC04122_zpsb3e11124.jpg

Arts and Crafts
 photo DSC04199_zps7ffbb2b9.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment