Saturday, February 22, 2014

6 months

When you are a kid, half a year seems like a lifetime. Hannah is already dying to have another birthday party (yes she has her theme and all) and daily reminds me she isn't going to sit on Santa's lap at Christmas. She can't wait to get a backpack for school, drive a car, and yes even said and I quote "I can' wait to be big so I can have a sparkle ring like you." It's so hard to wait for Christmas, your birthday, for school to be out, etc. You are always looking to the future, to that next fun event. I think of popular sayings such as "....as slow as Christmas." Must have been made up by a kid, because as an adult, life moves so fast. Too fast. I feel like Christmases come and go at the speed of light. I feel like daily I'm asking God for more time, to slow time, to enjoy the 'every day' not just the 'special days.' I had dinner last night with girlfriends from graduate school and one mentioned it has been five years. Honestly it is scary. And Jack's little life is no different. He is half a year old today and it feels like yesterday his smiling face brightened my life. Sweet Jack, at half a year you weigh in at 16 lbs. 6 oz which is 25% and only 1 oz more then sister was at 6 months. In the Robbins family we call that the "Collins gene." You are 26 1/2 in. tall which is exactly the same height as Hannah and on the boy chart is 50% or smack dab average. My kids have big heads, cus they have big brains :) so no surprise that Jack (like Hannah has a head size in the 85%). You are cute as can be and so mellow. Honestly you are such a breeze and privilege to raise. You have a little hair and I'm still not sure what color to call your eyes (I guess Hazel). No teeth yet, but you are so happy and smile all the time. Your favorite things are Hannah's silly noises, your Santa present, playing with toys, being with people, splashing at bath time, chewing on things, grabbing, and scooting all over the floor. You are also very interested in Bella the dog. You don't like being alone, getting your nails cut or peas. Other then peas you absolutely love food. You eat it up so fast. All of it- green beans, carrots, sweet potatoes, squash, apples, bananas, pears, etc. Yum yum yum. You eat breakfast, lunch and dinner and get a bedtime baba. Your greatest accomplishment this month is moving. This is so different then my experience with Hannah. Hannah went from sitting to crawling across the floor and from crawling to walking across the floor. There was never any in between, Jack is so motivated by movement and getting things he wants that he can pretty much get anywhere and fast. It is crazy. He is also pretty good at sitting, but would rather be moving. Yesterday he had four shots and I kid you not made no sound. What the heck? The nurse was amazed and kept talking about it so I had to gentle quiet her astonishment down by filling her in that he cried when they read his temperature so he isn't as brave as she thought. In fact, generally speaking, I think Jack is sensitive so I don't know what was going on yesterday but the kid had no problems and with four shots couldn't believe it. Jack, you are my sensitive one, my peacemaker, my patient, happy, easy going snuggle bear. I think Nana would say that your personality is a lot like daddy's was when he was a kid. You are so loved beautiful boy and have a one of a kind place in mommy's heart. Happy 1/2/ birthday (Next week he is getting his real 6 month photos and Hannah is getting her 3 years so stay tuned).

 photo unnamed_zps22928f02.jpg

 photo unnamed1_zps296b41f3.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment